Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Aghhh... she's come into season two days early!

As soon as I got Hannah out of her stable I knew there was something different. Having owned her for over four years now, I know all the signs of her coming into season. Tonight was no exception.

She flew out of her stable and began to prance about in the yard. From past experience I knew that having her in a head collar alone was not a good option, so I scrambled about for my Richard Maxwell Halter to save the day!

Heading out onto the drive (this was supposed to be a quick leg stretch before her tea) I soon had a horse doing piaffe on the end of the lead rope, with the most beautiful self carriage I had ever seen her achieve.

The real give away was her tail stuck right up… A definite sign she’s coming in season (oh and the loud snort that she only does when she’s in season and worked up).

I called the stud and they said to get her down there tomorrow… This alters all the plans that I have made, and has put me into a real panic.

However, when I tied her up next to a horse that I know she ‘squirts’ at when in season, there was nothing!

Hopefully, she is just showing the signs that she’s due to come into season and will just wait a few more days for my plans to be finalised.

I don’t think that I can cope with 11 months of this kind of stress!!

No comments: