Monday, February 26, 2007

Hannah had a restless night



Hannah was really quite restless last night. I went up at 11pm (after Lewis had finished) and she was stood breathing really heavily, her head down and her flanks heaving quite a lot. She kept looking around at her tummy and then putting her ears back as she tensed it up. I honestly thought this could be the first stages of labour.

I wanted to give her some peace and quiet for a while so I went home, had a cup of tea, and then drove back at 1.30am. She was still breathing heavily, but definitely much calmer and no longer tensing up her tummy. I knew that whatever it was had not passed, and she would be quiet for the rest of the night.

Her muscles around her tail have slackened off a little more this morning and are now quite spongy but they are not as concaved as I have seen in some pictures I have seen. There is still no sign of waxing up or running milk, and she seemed quite calm when she went out in the field this morning. However, she was very ‘slow’ this morning and seemed to be dragging her feet and quite stiff in her back end.

Her udders are still very warm and have a very strange smell to them. It reminds me of the waxed table cloths that children have at their parties, but as I have already mentioned, there does not seem to be any wax around the udder itself.

No comments: