Wednesday, January 07, 2009

At Boot Camp

Since the last post, Hannah and I have not done much worth writing about...

I moved all three horses to a fantastic competition yard called Northcote Stud in September, but after a few lovely months there the travelling became too much for me. The yard was 30 minutes from home and a whopping 60 minutes from work on the motorway so I was spending two and a half hours in the car every day and driving over 105 miles! As a result, my riding started to suffer as I had less and less time for riding, competitions and lessons and was constantly rushing around trying to get everything done!

At the beginning of December I moved all three horses to a small part livery yard just ten minutes from home... Bliss!

Unfortunately, since we moved the weather has been freezing so I have not really been able to get going again. Because of this, I have sent Hannah and Grace to Jo Wright-Graham, or ‘Boot Camp’ as I call it, for three weeks while I am away on holiday! I have been getting some good reports about Hannah via text. Jo has been working on getting her hind leg quicker and her more through. Her half passes are coming on nicely and Jo said that she is really trying!

I am planning on picking the girls up on Monday afternoon and have booked a lesson on the two of them in order to get myself up to speed with what they have been doing and I am going to watch Jo ride first. I have given myself a good kick up the bottom and sent off a few competition entries before I came away. Hannah’s first one is at Bold Heath on 18th January doing the Novice and Elementary. We have a busy few months ahead!

No comments: